Combine woodland archery, crossbow shooting and axe throwing in one experience to enjoy maximum freedom whilst learning from the best. This is the most popular session at Insight Activities – book the Medieval Trio activity in the New Forest now!
WOODLAND HUNTER ARCHERY DORSET
* VEGAN FRIENDLY
- Person Ages 12+
Woodland Hunter *vegan friendly Archery Full Day
The ultimate archery experience day in Dorset. This is not your standard archery experience! Woodland Hunter Archery at our Dorset woodland is a masterclass in stealth and adopting primitive hunting skills with a bow and arrow, honing your archery skills to precision and accuracy.
You’ll learn all you need to know on an advanced archery range training session, then head deep into the woods, taking shots from elevation, longer distances and through vegetation. Here you’ll put your new knowledge to the ultimate test as you keep your eyes peeled, moving stealthily through the forest and firing at animal or zombie themed targets.
The day finishes with our revered, super long distance challenge shot: Can you shoot the zombie at 100m? Woodland Hunter Archery is archery, but, more like how our ancestors did it – woodland based and shooting instinctively!
Although our targets are animal (or Zombie) themed, we absolutely do not condone hunting animals for sport! (Zombies are fair game)
Ages 12+. No previous experience required. A fair level of physical ability and agility is required as this is a full day in a rustic woodland, involving moving through the woods without any man made paths. Water will be available for refills and there’s a composting toilet in the woods.
For ‘Woodland Hunter’ Field Archery courses, we require an initial booking of 5 people, perfect for larger families and groups. Smaller numbers can then book once a session is confirmed (Ages 12+)
- No previous experience expected or required. Pre-booking is essential. We welcome families, couples, businesses and stag & hen parties. Approx 30 mins from Bournemouth, Weymouth and Swanage.
- Please see our YouTube videos for a glimpse of what we do, and why we’re different!
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for the weather conditions. Waterproofs, spare layers, suncream / hat if required.
- Closed-toe shoes, trainers are fine
- Please bring soft drinks / snacks if required
- Any medication if required
- Please ensure you arrive 15 mins before the session start time
- Have another question? Please see our FAQ / Help page