Join us for a fantastic day immersed in nature in our idyllic Dorset woodland. Learn core bushcraft wilderness living skills including fire lighting techniques and fire lays as well as knife skills essential for wilderness living and camp craft. Book your Bushcraft course now!
DORSET BUSHCRAFT FIRELIGHTING AND CRAFT – HALF DAY
INTRO TO 'WILDERNESS LIVING SKILLS'
- Person Ages 10+
Half Day Fire & Knife Craft, Bushcraft course at Dorset
On this 3hr short bushcraft course, you will learn core fire lighting and knife working techniques, using only natural materials with both modern and historic fire lighting methods. Learn about the pros and cons of various fire lighting methods and fire lays, and most importantly – how to reduce impact and leave no trace.
Survival is just that, survival only. Bushcraft is about thriving and enhancing the woodland environment through ethical collection and use of materials, minimising our impact on the environment – whilst also getting what we need to survive.
Adopt safe and efficient knife work skills that are essential for wilderness living and camp craft. You will practically use these skills to craft a necessary tool. Tent peg, splitting wedge or a pot hanger can be made, depending on the session requirements.
These are top quality, authentic bushcraft courses in Dorset delivered by highly qualified, experienced and passionate instructors.
For Bushcraft sessions we require an initial booking of 5 people, perfect for larger families and groups. Suitable for beginners and those with existing skills alike. Smaller groups can then book once a session is confirmed (Ages 8+)
- No previous experience expected or required. Pre-booking is essential. We welcome families, couples, businesses and stag & hen parties.
- For more in depth full day and overnight programmes, please see our other Dorset Bushcraft Courses. There’s also some YouTube videos for an idea of what to expect.
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for the weather conditions. Waterproofs, spare layers, suncream / hat if required.
- Closed-toe shoes, trainers are fine
- Please bring soft drinks / snacks if required
- Any medication if required
- Please ensure you arrive 15 mins before the session start time
- Have another question? Please see our FAQ / Help page