Learn the core Bushcraft ‘wilderness living’ skills of creating fire from flint and steel using only natural materials, and develop knife skills to craft camp tools essential for wilderness living. Book your Dorset introductory bushcraft course at Insight Activities today!
NEW FOREST BUSHCRAFT FIRELIGHTING AND CRAFT – HALF DAY
AN INTRO TO WILDERNESS LIVING SKILLS
- Person Ages 10+
Bushcraft Short Course New Forest – Fire & Knife Craft
Immerse and engage yourselves deep in the woods on one of our Bushcraft courses in the New Forest. On this 3hr short bushcraft course, you will learn core fire lighting and knife working techniques, using only natural materials with both modern and historic fire lighting methods.
Learn about the pros and cons of various fire lighting methods and fire lays, and most importantly – how to reduce impact and leave no trace.
Survival is just that, survival only. Bushcraft is about thriving and enhancing the woodland environment through ethical and efficient use of materials, minimising our impact on the environment – whilst also getting what we need to survive. Develop safe and efficient knife work skills that are essential for wilderness living and camp craft. You will practically use these skills to craft an essential camp tool. Tent peg, splitting wedge or pot hanger, depending on the session requirements.
These are top quality, authentic bushcraft courses delivered by qualified and highly experienced instructors.
For Bushcraft sessions we require an initial booking of 5 people, perfect for larger families and groups. Smaller groups can then book once a session is confirmed. Suitable for beginners and those with existing skills alike. Ages 8+.
- Pre-booking is essential. We welcome families, couples, businesses and stag & hen parties.
- For more advanced, full day bushcraft sessions and overnight programmes, please see our Dorset location.
- Well behaved furry family members are also welcome as we are 100% dog friendly! Please see our YouTube videos for a glimpse of what to expect.
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for the weather conditions. Waterproofs, spare layers, suncream / hat if required.
- Closed-toe shoes, trainers are fine
- Please bring soft drinks / snacks if required
- Any medication if required
- Please ensure you arrive 15 mins before the session start time
- Have another question? Please see our FAQ / Help page