Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were updated on 11/06/2020.
- General Bookings
- The contract shall be formed when Insight Activities acknowledge acceptance of the customer’s booking and have received the required payment.
- Group bookings of less than four must confirm their activities by full payment.
- Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury. All staff employed to run activities for Insight Activities are trained and appropriately qualified to run activity sessions and act in order to limit the risk of injury. Participants must however acknowledge the inherent risks and are required to read and agree to our Participation Agreement before taking part. Failure to do this may result in you not being able to take part in your activity, with no refund issued.
- Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent or guardian before being able to take part in any activity/course offered by Insight Activities. The parent or guardian needs to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy them accordingly.
- All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the Activity Provider.
- All information is produced in good faith and it is accurate at the time of going to press only.
- Corporate and Social Group Bookings (8+ individuals)
- Provisional bookings must be confirmed by the payment of a deposit.
- We will base your deposit amount on the number of participants confirmed at the time of booking.
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before the date of activities.
- Should a booking be made within 2 weeks of the date of arrival, the whole fee is required at the time of booking.
- Alterations to participant numbers must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to your activities. In the case that numbers do change within 2 weeks of your activity, it’s at the discretion of Insight Activities to accommodate this.
- Deposit payments not settled in good time may result in the release of the booking/session/activities currently being held. You will be contacted if this is likely to occur.
- In the event of a cancellation, we must receive this in writing no later than 2 weeks before your activity. Full payment will be still required for cancellations made with less than 2 weeks notice.
- If any cancellation brings the number in your group below the minimum number to qualify for a particular price, then the price will be adjusted accordingly.
- Insight Activities reserves the right to offer alternative activities, should participant numbers fall below the required minimum numbers for your activity.
- All Fees Including Credit Cards
- There is no charge for personal credit cards.
- There is a 6% booking fee for bookings made online. This fee goes directly to our booking system provider Fareharbor.
- There is no booking fee if booking by phone or email.
- Cancellation by the customer
- All cancellations must be made by telephone (no answerphone messages will be accepted) or in writing. Insight Activities will acknowledge a cancellation within 48 hours of receiving it. Until the customer has received confirmation, the original booking remains valid.
- Late arrivals and no shows constitute as a cancellation and will be treated as such. No refunds or re-bookings will be given.
- For cancellations, the customer will be charged on the following basis:
- If we are made aware that you wish to cancel within 7 days of your activity, you will lose your payment and we will be unable to rebook you. If we are given 14 days notice, we can offer a full refund or credit. Between those times, only 50% credit will be offered.
- Cancellation by Insight Activities
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses/activities run, Insight Activities may at times need to cancel due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/activity. In this circumstance, we shall inform the customer as soon as is feasibly possible.
- In the event of a cancellation by Insight Activities, customers will be offered the choice of a full refund of the fee paid, vouchers to the same value or another booking on a different date.
For group bookings of 8 or more, please see our Terms and Conditions.
- From time to time photographs taken on activities and courses may appear in brochures and promotional material. If customers do not wish to be photographed, please raise this with the course leader at the time.
- Safety Regulations
- Adventurous outdoor activities take place in various natural environments where there are natural hazards and risks to manage. Every effort will be made by staff to provide realistic training in a safe manner. Customers participating in courses are expected to comply with all safety guidance and instructions given by the provider of activities and its staff.
- Unruly behaviour
- Behaviour that disrupts the smooth running of an event may result in the disruptive customer(s) being excluded. Any damage caused to property or equipment as a result of unruly behaviour will be charged for.
- No person should be under the influence of alcohol before or during the activities. If a person is found to be under the influence of alcohol it will be at the discretion of the instructor whether this person will be able to take part in the activity. No monies will be refunded if the person does not take part.
- Personal Property
- Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the customer unless any loss or damage is due to the negligence of the activity provider.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific booking and safety measures in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff.
By booking and taking part in an activity with us during this time, you must:
- Read and agree to our Participation Agreement before you arrive for your activity. Failure to do this may result in you not being able to take part in your activity, with no refund issued.
- Should an individual/group not comply with the measures outlined in our Participation Agreement, we reserve the right to require that individual/group to leave, with no refund given.
- You must confirm that you or anyone in your household has not had COVID-19 in the last 21 days. If you/they have, you must confirm that you/they have been symptom-free for at least the last 14 days.
- If for any reason you have to cancel your booking due to COVID-19:
- Providing we are given at least 7 days notice before your activity is due to take place, you will be eligible for a full refund.
- If we are given less than 7 days notice, we can offer you your booking amount as credit to use at a later date.
iii. We ask that if you or a member of your household shows symptoms of Coronavirus up to 21 days prior to your activity that you absolutely do not attend and instead, you should follow government self-isolation guidance. In this instance, please call us and we will issue you credit to use at a later date.
- Any credit issued due to Coronavirus cancellations will not have an expiry date and should only be redeemed when safe to do so.